FM24.0 -Real Fixtures and Results for 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

Keep FMRTE running while playing?

dyna79

Hey guys. 

I always close down fmrte after save and play the game. Then when needed I tab out in windows, open fmrte, do change, save, close, play game...and over and over again.

Do any of you have experience with just having it running without closing it down? I am afraid it will crash my game or in anyway mess with my savegame.

Thanks..

no all you need to do is press the reload button (well the reload the current screen button) but this will only update the screen that is open in FMRTE so if you have 2 (or more) teams you will have to make sure that their tab is selected before hitting the button!

You can do it that way but if your changes crash the game it will crash whether you close it or leave it open.

I do find the refresh button doesn't always work with new gens acquired. Say you offer a contract to a grey player and he comes in your team I find I need to load the games again to get him to show up.

• 8 months later...

I keep mine running all the time... the only time I close and open FMRTE is when new players are added to the database... as in regen dates... and if I read correctly what gazza1988 mentioned... that situation as well... for grayed out players which the game adds to teams without enough players.... which I'm sure are not part of the player database

I also avoid changing any dates with FMRTE... as in birthdates... transfer dates... any date... I'm not sure if thats the reason I have never had my game crash.... but I would bet money on it

if you leave a tab open... as in the team tab... or a specific player.... press refresh in FMRTE if you advance to the next day in game... just as good practice before you change anything

I open up FMRTE, load my game and keep FMRTE running for hours until I stop playing FM and I don't think I've ever had it crash, I'm fairly confident it depends massively on what you edit as TheEskimo said certain things are more than likely going to cause conflicts but I've only ever used FMRTE for finances, editing some players abilities/pa/contracts and the basics really, I think when you start messing around with dates and future transfers for me that's too risky and not something I'd try or trying to add/copy players and all that.

Do any of you have experience with just having it running without closing it down? I am afraid it will crash my game or in anyway mess with my savegame.

I never did anything else since FMRTE first came out.

When I play FM I constantly switch between FMRTE and the game

If you know what you are doing, FMRTE won't crash your game and won't corrupt your save.

All you need is a bit of common sense when editing the data (like no values above 20 for player attributes and the like)

Editing transfers and swapping players sound a bit risky for me so I never tried that but I continuously edit attributes, CA/PA, player birthdays, staff abilities, finances (usually of other clubs I don't like :) ), existing contracts (wages and contract lengths), reputations (teams, players, staff), stadiums and even cities (attractiveness and size of a city are values that are often overlooked)

I never did anything else since FMRTE first came out.

When I play FM I constantly switch between FMRTE and the game

If you know what you are doing, FMRTE won't crash your game and won't corrupt your save.

All you need, is a bit of common sense when editing the data (like no values above 20 for player attributes and the like)

Exactly, been using FMRTE heavily in every save game since FM2012 and never had it crash or corrupt a save game, if people experience this they are doing it wrong, it pisses me off when people act like FMRTE is so badly coded it crashes constantly and breaks games, it's not FMRTE that does that it's the person using it.

• Like 2