FM24.0 -Real Fixtures and Results for 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

Unable to find names when searching/swap chairman

lagerstar

Hello,

When editing players/staff, there are a lot of names that simply do not come up in the search facility, when there are names in game and even searchable in FMRTE. For example, I am mid-save and wanted to import some players/staff from a separate AFC Richmond save that I have - I wanted to change my chairperson to Rebecca Welton from the TV show, and even though there are players/staff searchable in FMRTE and in FM23 with the name Rebecca, I cannot find the name in FMRTE to change a person's name to. Is there a database of names in FMRTE that can be changed or updated?

I know you can change a name to something else which edits every person with that name, but I don't want to do that.

thanks,

lagerstar

FMRTE1.JPG

FMRTE2.JPG

As far as I know this is a function that does not work still. You are trying to change Paul to Rebecca? If you do this everyone named Paul will become Rebecca in the game. This is a long requested feature but I think it is difficult to add properly or I am sure Braca would have added it by now.

The feature to edit/change name just for one person has been requested vote for it here- 

However the fact you have Rebecca in your DB should be be showing as a change name option, thats not right as FMRTE reads your game data so it should be there 

I will @BraCa for some input.

you could try the good old edt file

add the chairman you want and then generate the current chairman to sell using FMRTE- but you need to start a new save

08d94571166d4084b6515aaa00574b0e.png

@lagerstar PM me when free I may have a fix

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Six said:

As far as I know this is a function that does not work still. You are trying to change Paul to Rebecca? If you do this everyone named Paul will become Rebecca in the game. This is a long requested feature but I think it is difficult to add properly or I am sure Braca would have added it by now.

Hi Six, I know you can change the name itself, but will change all people with that name. If you click on the magnifying glass you can change that individual's name to something else, but it appears to be a database of names which does not contain everything in game.

9 hours ago, culturedleftfoot said:

The feature to edit/change name just for one person has been requested vote for it here- 

However the fact you have Rebecca in your DB should be be showing as a change name option, thats not right as FMRTE reads your game data so it should be there 

I will @BraCa for some input.

you could try the good old edt file

add the chairman you want and then generate the current chairman to sell using FMRTE- but you need to start a new save

08d94571166d4084b6515aaa00574b0e.png

@lagerstar PM me when free I may have a fix

Thanks mate, I've PM'd you

• culturedleftfoot changed the title to Unable to find names when searching/swap chairman

Hey mate, not quite what I was after, but I really appreciate your help with this. I was only using Rebecca Boch as an example, as she I was unable to find the name Rebecca in a search to change name, when the name is in game. 

I could probably use what you've done though, so thank you!

L

• 3 months later...