FM24.0 -Real Fixtures and Results for 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

Register non-EU player for Serie A

betondur

What bugs/issues did you encounter: 

I have a problem that I've bought the non-EU player and went over the limits of Serie A so I cannot register him (he has this "red square" with tooltip that I have to sell one of the non-EU players in order for him to be able to be registered). I've sold one of my non-EU players but I didn't notice that I have to sell him OUTSIDE Serie A so it didn't change anything...

Then I've opened FMRTE and changed player's nationality to Italian but... he is still locked! I've registered him "manually" using "relations" panel but it didn't change the fact that he is still locked. I can't even put him into squad for friendly matches...

What is your FM version: 17.3.1, Steam is online

What is your FMRTE version: 17.3.1.19 (latest)

Which operating system are you using: Windows 10 PRO, automatic updates ON

Attach any FMRTE error logs: none - just no change in FM...

Link to "bugged" save: http://www.datafilehost.com/d/d3af5eb8

1 hour ago, betondur said:

Hi,

Should I try to do it by moving him to the other team and then back to my team?

I would strongly recommend not doing that in the software as in the past, users have reported issues with the swap club feature.  Expire his contract then resign the player.  See if that does the trick.  If that fails, do what you mentioned above.

If that fails too, send me you save via a download link through PM.  Use a file hosting service like datafilehost, mega, etc.

7 hours ago, GREYFOX said:

I would strongly recommend not doing that in the software as in the past, users have reported issues with the swap club feature.  Expire his contract then resign the player.  See if that does the trick.  If that fails, do what you mentioned above.

If that fails too, send me you save via a download link through PM.  Use a file hosting service like datafilehost, mega, etc.

Hi,

I've sent you the link in PM...

never play in Italy

wow what a lot of complicated rules

63ed2e504ff3b58f05a716cb2a149362.png

so signing Diego when you did makes it almost impossible to add him to suad as it was outside the date required

however using FMRTE you have changed his nationality to Italy so should be in squad..but still shows as non eu

right I will fiddle around

for your info you game is running very slow I have a high end machine and run 30k more players than you do with no lag your game is using all the grunt I can throw at it

Yeah the rules are very complicated. I knew that I will have to sell one of my non-EU guys but I forgot that it only counts if I sell him to some other league than Serie A...

It's strange that you are telling me that my game is slow. I have pretty old PC but it runs smoothly IMHO :P

I am holding my fingers crossed in hope that you will find some workaround ^_^

the player being non EU is still over riding the fact he is now Italian which shouldn't happen I have started a new save and same thing happens too 

so its a bug can you use the template from bugs reporting thread just to put follow procedure just brief details and I will move to bugs forum

perhaps Greyfox will update the thread with his feedback. I have given it a good go no joy sorry

just post the bug report in this thread

cheers

So I attempted to solve this issue by expiring Diego's contract and trying to resign him.  He eventually went to Tottenham instead and this was after an hour of game play.  So I also attempted to save the game after making some changes in-game and it crashed on me.

It is slow to the point of frustration as mentioned above because of the number of leagues loaded in the save.  These kind of saves p*** me right off and make no sense to have and maintain.

After the two attempts above, I gave up.

Well that is strange... I don't have any high-end PC (it's like 5 years old) but I do own SSD hard drive and for me game is not slow (saving takes like 20-30s, when I press "space" I do not wait more than ~30s except for the one time when one season ends and another starts (when the game shows "leaderboards")). I didn not have any crashes for a very long time now. How do you expire his contract? Maybe if you write me a guide I can try to execute this on my PC. 

Yep your save is painfully slow i run more leagues and players 10 times faster

Anyway got feedback from si tester re this issue as per bold below 

the reason for this is that the Italian EU rule, unlike a standard non-EU squad registration rule for example, is applied at the point when the transfer takes place.

So even though in the example above Diego has been given Italian citizenship he counts as non-EU for that season because he was non-EU at the point when the transfer took place.

Having just double checked it is the case that if you give a player EU nationality and then transfer them they will not count towards the non-EU transfers cap.

• Like 1