FM24.0 -Real Fixtures and Results for 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

FMRTE 17 No longer launching in Windows 10 Creators Update

Aduasen

Perhaps somebody got a hint how to solve the problem:

After I did the Creators Update of Windows 10 (Version 1703) FMRTE does not start anymore.

Problem: There is no error message or something else to check in the windows event manager

It simply does not start

edit .....

I found an error in the Windows Logs:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: FMRTE.exe, Version: 17.3.1.17, Zeitstempel: 0x58c08c25
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: d3d9.dll, Version: 10.0.15063.0, Zeitstempel: 0x631de416
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x000000000000fd0c
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1dbc
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d2b91fa1a167f8
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\BraCa Soft\FMRTE 17\FMRTE.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d9.dll
Berichtskennung: d8d7d94e-c1a7-4475-a0fc-6363db9d0481
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: 
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: 

Could it be that Microsoft did some changes in that DLL ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, basically FMRTE 17 no longer launches after the Windows update version 1703.. I tried rolling back to the previous version of Windows but the issue persists.. stuck for ideas now.

What bugs/issues did you encounter:( I haven't encountered any issues while running FMRTE 17.. it just gave up after the windows update. (hour glass symbol appears for a split second)

What is your FM version:(17.3.1)

What is your FMRTE version:(17.3.1.17 I have used the update feature says I am using the current version.

Which operating system are you using:(Windows 10 pro windows update set to automatic)

Attach any FMRTE error logs:(The error log is empty)

67c8b4a440c9e70ff3c81e1da1928481.png

someone else reported the same thing a few days ago and we are waiting for him to reply.

as my screenshot above I am running the new version of windows as per you with no issues at all, this seems to be an issue with windows not with an FMRTE bug.

can you make sure you Run as administrator- to do this right click on the app and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR

.Clear cache- via your user AppData in Windows C:\Users\HEREYOUR USER DETAILS HERE \AppData\Roaming    and find FMRTE file.

Fresh install of fmrte

is FM17 loading as normal ??

thats just bizarre and frustrating

I had issues when windows 10 came out with some apps not working it resulted in a head tech guy doing some remote access work on the pc to resolve it, it took him about 2 hours to do it!!!!! it was caused by basically a corrupt download in a windows file, and he had to individually download parts of the overall package

not something you wanted to hear but I would contact microsoft even go  their forums and see if there are any similar reports/info/help I was blown away when I checked there were loads of similar issues but this was the initial launch of W10

just a quick google search tells me there are issues with this update I would make contact create an account with microsoft forums got to say they were good but it did take time to resolve

can you please update this thread if you get any info

cheers and I hope it resolves soon I will contact dev team here to see if there is anything that they suggest/can do to help

NB I have updated dev team re this perhaps they can contact microsoft and complain that app is getting some issues since their update

Ahh I hope it doesn't come down to contacting Microsoft but sure if all else fails I'll have no choice :/

I have a GTX 1080 which is up-to-date
i5 6600k
16GB DDR4 RAM

Everything is kept up-to-date anyway.. I wonder if a fresh install of Windows would do the trick here :P

It could do but if it is similar to what happened  to me downloading the whole package was the problem it needed their tech guys to load it in sections 

You needed their privaliges to do it normal user could'nt 

Hopefully doesnt come to that braca is also looking into it too

Any update we will let you know

The strange thing there has only been 2 reports of issues and nearly 120k are using fmrte windows version and im sure a high percentage have installed the latest windows 10 update.

Hopefully  its resolved soon ^_^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IrishShea said:

I'm one of the unlucky ones in that case >.>  

It's worth mentioning that I had also tried the FM scout editor, and that also stopped working after the Windows update ;o

And yes, I have Rivatuner installed but I only ever use it to cap FPS.

Can you please try to uninstall rivatuner, reboot your pc and check if FMRTE works?

• Like 1

I'm glad it worked :)

Atm I cannot test it myself as I won't have access to any pc/laptop until Sunday, but I believe that you can install it and add FMRTE to the rivatuner exceptions list to avoid it affect FMRTE, or just wait until they update their app 

cheers