FM24.0 -Real Fixtures and Results for 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

Edit Player Retirements

Seamus

6 hours ago, Seamus said:

Hi all,

This could be me being really stoopid, but is there a way to edit or remove player retirement??? Main reason I got the editor, as I was certain it was a feature on previous versions.  Note I am playing FM 17 on my Mac.

Thanks

You can, but the player has to have announced his retirement so the Retirement tab can show.  Once this has been done, just delete the date, save then restart to remove the retirement.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that Greyfox.... However in game it states that Totti plans to retire, I don't get the retirement tab in FMRTE.  Will this come much nearer the end of the season?  

I have attached in game screenshot

Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 08.08.42.png

2 hours ago, Seamus said:

Thanks for that Greyfox.... However in game it states that Totti plans to retire, I don't get the retirement tab in FMRTE.  Will this come much nearer the end of the season?  

I have attached in game screenshot

Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 08.08.42.png

Not really.  You should have that tab once the player announces his retirement.  Maybe it only happens when the player wants to stay in the game as backroom staff once he has retired.  Judging by the screenshot, Totti will not be staying in the game.

Try these two methods:

I) Ask him via private chat if he is willing to consider a staff role providing he is in your club.

II) Scout him out to full knowledge to see what his short term and long term plans are.

Hmmmm, Totti has now started a coaching course in the game and suddenly a "Staff Attributes" section exists for him.  But still no retirement tab option in FMRTE.  I will try to offer him a Player/Coach contract and see if this makes a difference.

I know this is windows but this is how to do it 

use search player retirement tab, 3rd in from right of FAVORITES

select a player eg Buffon he shows as retiring in 2018 and has a retire date tab as highlighted

I changed it to 2021

and last screenshot is in game

I do not have access to mac so unsure if it is same in that version

7513044dcb9083023cd691666f6570db.png

d08b648d573865eb86584744c7659c30.png

baaf0f19e61b58666ac37e64d7ec0f19.jpg

14 hours ago, culturedleftfoot said:

Usually when you tell a senior player he would make a good coach etc he then states he wants to be one or a player/coach etc

And then stays in game

That is not true actually.  There are players who have long term plans to stay in the game after retirement without asking him to so I think it is down to whether the player is willing to stay in the game.  The player can be asked to become backroom staff via private chat, but even then the player can still say no if he does not want to.

11 minutes ago, GREYFOX said:

That is not true actually.  There are players who have long term plans to stay in the game after retirement without asking him to so I think it is down to whether the player is willing to stay in the game.  The player can be asked to become backroom staff via private chat, but even then the player can still say no if he does not want to.

in my experience it happened, doesn't happen all the time though but can do the game is random but I wouldn't say your /or my experience is true its an option for the OP to consider thats all

Carrick was totally retiring from the game in my save no intention for a staff role at all

after chatting with him re his qualities it prompted him to announce his retirement  and he became a coach so it does happen

Nice.  Carrick in my save is staying on after retirement and I have not spoken to him so it is essentially down to the player.  As you say and evidently, the events in the game is random so Carrick in your save could have said no to you as well.

Anyway, this is just an option for the OP.

22 hours ago, Seamus said:

Hmmmm, Totti has now started a coaching course in the game and suddenly a "Staff Attributes" section exists for him.  But still no retirement tab option in FMRTE.  I will try to offer him a Player/Coach contract and see if this makes a difference.

That is weird, but what you wanted to happen.  Totti will now stay on in the game after retirement.  In what capacity is down to you and the player.  You don't need to worry about the retirement tab as he now has Staff Attributes.

• 3 weeks later...