FM24.0 -Real Fixtures and Results for 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

Assistant Manager help

xelliotx

So I took over Mansfield Town, and I tried to swap the assistant managers. I tried to swap my current assistant richard cooper to paul raynor (who is unemployed) but now Paul Raynor is apparently my assistant but has no contract with me and I cant seem to sack him or swap a new one in. Is there anything I can do? I've tried Raynor for another assistant manager who is employed but FMRTE says 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'

Also everytime I offer Raynor a contract, the board block it because they say we already have an assistant

The swap feature is quite buggy and treading on unknown territory.  The end result from a swap is 50/50 so it can go either way.  The safest option was to make Raynor like your club and you 100% and do the opposite for Cooper.  Your only option now is to revert back to an earlier save before the swaps.

That is because Cooper is still your assistant according to the game.  The above method was your best option in giving Raynor a contract.

1 hour ago, GREYFOX said:

The swap feature is quite buggy and treading on unknown territory.  The end result from a swap is 50/50 so it can go either way.  The safest option was to make Raynor like your club and you 100% and do the opposite for Cooper.  Your only option now is to revert back to an earlier save before the swaps.

That is because Cooper is still your assistant according to the game.  The above method was your best option in giving Raynor a contract.

I've just decided to start again, but thankyou. I know not to try and do this in future now!

1 hour ago, GREYFOX said: